Consultancy Projects undertaken
(i) Rolls Royce Plc. (U.K.)
Worked as Consultant In charge of a consultancy project on Contra-fan Stage Investigation. The project is being carried out at IIT Delhi and is useful for Future Ultra-high Bypass Ratio Turbo-fan Engine being developed by Rolls Royce Plc. (U.K.)
||Normal Rotor – Stator Stage
||Rotor – Rotor (Contra) Stage
||Aero Acoustic Investigation
(ii) Gas Turbine Research Establishment, Bangalore
"Rotating Stall Studies for GTX Aero Engine Compressor Stage using a Rotating Water Table". Completed in 1986
In this project, the compressor stage was simulated on a water table. Aerofoil blades for rotor and stator for the water table simulator are machined using a N.C. machine at IIT Delhi. The detailed performance of the stage was studied using an on-line signal processor.
(iii) Gas Turbine Research Establishment, Bangalore
"Cracking of Hydro Turbines" – In this project, the causes of cracking of Francis Turbines, installed at the Right Bank Bhakra Power, are investigated. Detailed computation of rotor dynamics of these turbines are carried out to find the excitation frequencies. Completed in 1986
(iv) Driving Band for AIFS Projectiles
The Project was concerned with Ramjet Propelled Project Spin Control Clients : Ministry of Defence, Govt. of India Status : Completed in Nov.1990
(v) CNG in IC engines, 1992 (Co Investigator Prof S Maji)
Under this R&D project the use of CNG for automotive engine was investigated to establish reduced emissions and improved engine performance. The work led to large scale utilization of CNG for transport vehicles.
(vi) Development of Bio-diesel Reactors at DCE, 2003 (Co Investigator Prof Naveen Kumar)
Under this programme, Bio-diesel reactors of 10, 100 and 600 ltrs per day capacity were designed, developed and commissioned in Bio-diesel Park of DCE. Extensive research has been carried out on use of biodiesel mix for automotive engines. Use of neat biodiesel for IC Engines for tomorrow‟s generators has also been carried out.
(vii) Development of DCE Hybrid, 2005 (Co- Supervisor Prof S Maji)
A single seater Hybrid car with centre steering was designed and developed for participation in the green car competition at Newark in US. The car has a 350cc petrol engine integrated with a battery driven drive chain supported by a 3.5 hp motor. The DCE Hybrid touched 27 km/ltr on engine mode and 100 km on a single battery charge and bagged the First Prize in Student Category in 2005
(viii) Development of Supermilege Vehicle at DCE, 2005 (Co-supervisor Prof S Maji)
A Supermilege single seater car capable of achieving over 225 km/ltr was designed and developed by reengineering a 110cc IC engine into a 55cc four stroke electronic ignition engine. The aerodynamically designed car body achieved the drag to lift ratio of 0.08 and touched 225 km/ltr on mileage. The DCE Supermilege vehicle competed in the world competition at Marshall, Michigan US and received the Best Visual appeal and Best Aerodynamic Award in 2005
(ix) Development of 80 kW Solar wind Hybrid at RGTU, 2007
At RGTU an innovative project of development of 80kW Solar Wind Hybrid has been undertaken under sponsorship of Min of New and Renewable Energy Resources, Govt. of India in 2007. The project is under installation. It comprises of 5 wind turbines each of 12kW capacity integrated with Solar power of 3kW and each separately connected to electric load of Street lighting, Boys hostel, Administrative block and two Academic blocks of RGTU.
(x) Development of 500kg/day CO2 Absorption and its conversion into Hydrogen, Methane and Biodiesel at RGTU, 2008
This is one of the high value impact project aligned to mitigate climate change by designing and developing a Pilot Plant for capture of 500kg per day of CO2 and its conversion into Hydrogen, Methane and algae based biodiesel. The project has been sponsored by Dept of S&T Govt. of India and is in advanced stage of its implementation at RGTU Green Energy Technology Park.
(xi) MNRE 100 kW Solar Photovoltaic Project at DTU, Co-Investigator Dr. J.P. Kesari.
Under this project a 100 kW Solar PV Plant is being installed at DTU to showcase latest technology developments in the areas of Solar PV.
(xi) MNRE 100 kW Solar Photovoltaic Project at DTU, Co-Investigator Dr. J.P. Kesari.
Under this project a 50 litres per day Biogas plant is being developed for installation near the DTU Canteen to utilize the kitchen waste from University Canteen and Hostel Messes.
(xiii) Development of a Biodiesel reactor for production of Bio-Diesel from waste cooking oil-Department of Environment, Government of India, 2010. Phase I completed and Phase II in progress. (Co-Investigators: Prof. S Maji, Dr. S S Kachhwaha & Dr. Amitpal)
Seminars / Sponsored Talks delivered in India and Abroad
- 1. BHEL Sponsored Seminar on Productivity Enhancement, 'Institute Industry Interaction for Product and Process Improvement', Feb. 1987.
- 2. Gas Turbine Research Est. Bangalore – April 1994, „Recent Advances in Use of Water Table for Compressor Stall Investigations‟.
- 3. Specialist Presentation at International Conference of AIAA, Beijing, China, September, 1985.
- 4. Pennsylvania State University (USA) – May 1986, Department of Aeronautics and Aerospace Engineering Seminar, 'Recent Advances in Unsteady Operation of Gas Turbine Compressors'.
- 5. Cleveland State University (USA), May 1986, 'Recent Advances in Unsteady Operation of Gas Turbine Compressors'.
- 6. University of Windsor (Canada), May 1986, 'Aero-acoustic Monitoring of Aero Compressors'.
- 7. University of Maryland (USA), May 1986, A Technique for Thermal Power Plant on-line Performance Monitoring
- 8. University of Maryland, June 1987, 'Stall Suppression in Axial Compressors
- 9. University of Maryland (USA), May 1986, "A Technique for Thermal Power Plant on-line Performance Monitoring".
- 10. University of Maryland, June 1987, "Stall Suppression in Axial Compressors".University of North Carolina, June 1987, "Recent Advances in Aero-compressor Technology".
- 11. University of Southern Mississippi, June 1987, "Aero-acoustic Performance of a Ducted Contra-fan".
- 12. University of Birmingham, UK, July 1987, NEL Industry Seminar, "Stall Suppression in Radial Compressors".
- 13. University of Cleveland, Sept.1992, "Human Resource Development – New Challenges".
- 14. University of Southern Connecticut, Sept. 1992, "The World of International Business – Role of HRD".
- 15. Indian Plastic Industry, New Delhi, "Manpower Requirement of Plastic Industries", Inaugural Address for PG Diploma of IPI, 1993.
- 16. National Foundation of Indian Engineers, New Delhi, February 1993, Panel Discussion on "Future of S&T Education in Emerging Global Economy Environment".
- 17. National Foundation of Indian Engineers, New Delhi, July 1993, Key Note Address on "Quality & Productivity in Higher Technical and Managerial Education System".
- 18. Key Note Address, "Information Technology Vision 2000", International Conference organized by NAFEN, New Delhi, 1994.
- 19. Key Note Address, "Environment Challenges for India", International Conference, ENVIRO 2000, organized by NAFEN, New Delhi, 1986.
- 20. Key Note Address, "Frontal Areas of R&D in Science & Technology in 21st Century", International Conference R&D Vision 2000, organized by NAFEN, New Delhi, Jan. 1999.
- 21. Presidential Address, "Frontal Areas of Science and Technology relevant to 21st Century", Engineering Sciences Division, 86th Indian Science Congress, Jan. 1999.
- 22. Expert Presentation on "Challenges of Knowledge and Innovation Management", Engineering Sciences Division, 86th Indian Science Congress, Jan. 1999.
- 23. Expert Presentation on "Mechanical Engineering in the Third Millennium", ASME, South Asia Pacific Board Meeting, Tokyo, Japan, Jan. 1999.
- 24. Invited Address on "Funding of R&D in Engineering Institutions", Association of Indian Universities Seminar, RRL Bhopal, Sept.1999.
- 25. Invited Lecture on "Challenges in Information Technology Sector in India", IBM-ACE Centre, Indore, Nov.1999.
- 26. Invited Address on "Revitalizing Technical Education in the new Millennium", Annual Conference of Vice-Chancellors, AIU, Mangalore, Dec.1999.
- 27. Presidential Address "India Specific Challenges in Energy Sector", International Seminar on Global Energy Requirement, Institution of Engineers, Jabalpur, Jan.2000.
- 28. Invited Key Note Address "Challenges of Technical Education in India", National Seminar on Technical Education, Hitkarini College of Engineering, Jabalpur, Feb.2000.
- 29. Invited Lecture on "Impact on Information Technology on Nation"s Economy", WPC National Seminar on e-commerce, New Delhi, March 2000.
- 30. Convocation Address "Professionals of the New Millennium – meet the new challenges", M.P. Regional Centre, IGNOU, Bhopal, March 2000.
- 31. Keynote Address "Libraries and Information Systems in 21st Century", Nat.Conv., Indian Asso. of Libraries and Info. Centers, Bhopal, Nov.2000.
- 32. Keynote Address "Engineering Profession at Cross Roads", Annual General Body meeting, Inst. of Engrs. (India), Bhopal, Dec.2000.
- 33. Keynote Address on "Professional Morality and Ethics for Engineers and Managers" delivered at Institution of Engineers Annual General Body Meeting, Bhopal, March 2001.
- 34. Keynote Address on "Challenges for Indian Agriculture Scientist in the New Millennium", Institution of Engineers, National Convention of Agriculture Engineers, Jabalpur Centre, March 2001.
- 35. Raman Memorial Lecture , “Economics of Water", National Conventional of Water Works Association, 2001
- 36. Keynote Address on “Mapping of Excellence", National Conference organized by IPER, Indore, September 2002.
- 37. Convocation Address, "Managing India of 21st Century" DPC Institute of Management, New Delhi, November 2002.
- 38. Keynote Address on “Mechanical Engineering in the knowledge age", 14th ISME International Conference, Dec 2005.
- 39. "Managing Knowledge and Innovations in the Knowledge Age", AIT Bangkok, Dec 2006.
- 40. "Empower Youth with the Wings of Knowledge", Convocation Address, NIT Surat, March 2007.
- 41. Keynote Address on “Mechanical Engineering in the new knowledge age", 15th ISME International Conference, March 2008.
- 42. Invited Address at IE(I) Delhi State Centre on “Synergetic partnership Between Academia and Industry for Excellence in Education, Research and Innovations", Delhi July 2008.
- 43. Invited Address at FICCI, Delhi on “Innovations in Indian Universities “ Nov, 2009
- 44. Invited Address at Consultation Workshop on “Use of Fly Ash", Sri Ram Institute of Industrial Research, July 19, 2011.
- 45. Invited Address at First International Symposium of APS on Sun Belt Development, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan, July 25, 2011.
- 46. Invited Keynote Address on “3rd Industrial Revolution – Indian Context", FICCI Mega Trends International Conference, Delhi, January 2012.
- 47. 47th Nidhu Bhushan Memorial Lecture on “India"s Engineering Education in Search of Quality, Relevance and Excellence" at 27th Indian Engineering Congress Engineering, 2012 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi.
- 48. Invited Keynote Address on “Ethical and Professional Moral Foundation of Ancient India's Economic and Governance System", “1st International Conference on Vedic Foundations of Indian Management" at Haridwar, organised by ISOL and FMS, Delhi University, April 21, 2012.
- 49. Invited Keynote Address on “Strengthening Ethical and Moral Foundation in University Education – Role of Spirituality", Science and Spiritual Quest 2008, pp 11-20, published by Bhaktivedanta Institute, Kolkata.
- 50. Invited Keynote Address on “Integrating Capabilities with Values"